Old 09-17-2011, 08:24 AM
doowopddbop
Banned

The other day at guild meeting, one of the gals stood up for "Sew & Tell", held up her new Oct/Nov issue of Quilter's Newsletter and said, "We have a celebrity in our midst!" Then she opened the page to an article about the AccuQuilt Barn Quilt Design Unveiling party last June, and there's my little picture, telling the crowd about my 2nd place design-- inspired by my son currently serving in Afghanistan, and that I called it A Soldier's Star. It's not the greatest picture, I was kind-of emotional as the audience cheered for my son, what a moment! And if you happen to drive past the AccuQuilt headquarters in Fremont, Nebraska, you'll see a 6-ft billboard of A Soldier's Star mounted on the side of their building.

I plan to make the design into a full-size quilt for my boy, and had actually submitted a proposal to teach it as a class at next year's Home Machine Quilting Show in Salt Lake. Well, just yesterday, I received word that they accepted the class!! Their theme for the Show is "Star-Spangled", and this is the perfect hands-on class for the event. AccuQuilt has offered to provide several Go! Cutters, dies and mats for the class too! Oh, I can't wait! HMQS also accepted my Carpenter's Star and Tree Skirt classes as well!

I can hardly believe the journey that his military service has taken in both my son's life and mine too. I can't do much more than pray for our boys, but I can quilt. Now I need to get busy and get my son's quilt finished in time for his return home. It can't be soon enough.

With AccuQuilt CEO, Steve Nabity, and National Sales Mgr, Linda Pumphrey
[ATTACH=CONFIG]258179[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-258125.jpe   attachment-258126.jpe