View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 11:23 AM
valsma

Originally Posted by grayma
I had ordered a refill prescription from the mail order pharmacy. The envelope/package received had a tear in the side and the bottle of medicine was missing. I called the pharmacy to tell them about it. They are replacing the medicine (at no charge), but he told me even if you receive the package damaged and the medicine is in there, to not take that medicine as it may have been tampered with! I didn't know this. I guess it is common sense, but I would have been trusting of our postal service not to tamper with meds. I guess in this day you just can't trust anyone! I also reported this to the post office. I can't wait to hear the outcome of this.
Yes, this is just common sence, but lets face it most of us wouldn't stop to think about someone tampering with the meds. I wouldn't take them just because I'm not always the most trusting of people and when it comes to something like that even less so. I'm glad your able to get them replaced, i'm sure they will start some form of investigation into where they went, especially if it was a strong narcotic. Who knows where they could have gone, in this world where perscription drug abuse is rampant it is hard to tell.