Old 09-17-2011, 04:06 PM
pinkcastle

Originally Posted by Just-Lee
Originally Posted by romanojg
You can buy a generic foot for just about any machine; that doesn't mean you should. I've been told by my LQS and there have been post on here where they can mess up your machine and they don't last as long as the one meant for your machine. I know they are expensive; 130 for my mega quilter but I don't want to waste my time and money buying more when they break.

I think I screwed up in my post title....I really didn't mean generic, as in no-brand, just an alternative that works. From what Reichart's (the Juki dealer I purchased from) told me, you can purchase any foot that is used on an industrial machine, as well as the old/ new industrial singers....he said industrial feet are standard across the board, unlike domestic machines. Who knows...I guess I will just cut my foot and hope for the best! lol
You might consider this:
http://www.sewingpartsonline.com/sti...nk-p60702.aspx

I found this on the Yahoo Juki group. They list the 98 as compatible and I'm almost 100% that feet that fit the 98 will fit the 2010. Several of the other high shank feet they sell show compatibility information as well. Maybe you don't need to cut that foot after all.

Good luck and thanks for the tip about Raichert's!