View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 04:20 PM
Grambi

In answer to a couple of the above questions, the quilt is made with fabric that has little vintage-looking girls (dolls?) on it who are only dressed in bloomers and such. With the quilt fabric were sections of fabric printed with the clothes to dress the girls in (dresses, hats, stockings and shoes, etc). You cut out the clothes and, after fusing them to the flannel, the clothes can be stuck on the little girls. My friend got free instructions with a kit that she bought at her LQS on one way to piece the quilt. She made two quilts and each has nine different little girl blocks. She just put sashing between each block with corner stones and then added a border. The fabric did come from Keepsake Quilting and she remembers that they used to have fabric available with Christmasy clothes to cut out. I do think that the best way to prepare the clothes will be for her to just fuse flannel on the back of them and their mom's can iron them as needed. My job is done--she has to cut out all of those clothes:) :). I only promised to do the quilting part. Thanks for the responses!