View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 07:13 PM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by rosemary krupski
I have made and given most of what has been said already BUT I am retired and get together regularly with 10 girlfriends from grade school. We always have lunch and them decide on our next luncheon date so I bought those pocket calendars ($1.00 ea) and made a quilted cover with their monogram on it for each one of them. I wrapped it in tissue and slipped it into a padded envelope with a note on Christmas paper telling them how much it meant to me that we still get together and have remained true friends all these years. They got this instead of a Christmas card and everyone loved it. Now when we make our next date, everyone takes theirs out of their purse and marks it down. We don't have to go home and check our calendars.

This was a very inexpensive gift, but I hear about how much it is appreciated every time we get together!

P.S. When the calendar expires all they need to do is buy the current year calendar for only $1.00 and slip it in the cover. They are all the same size. I even get FREE ones from different charities I have donated to.

4 of us do the same. I've not decided what to give them yet----------I like your idea!