View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 04:48 AM
ohstr

You know what they say - if it sounds too good to be true - it is probably something that you should walk away from. I nearly got stung with just such a "good deal" 3 years ago. Thank heavens I ended up not going for the "good sounding deal" - a HQ 16 for $4,000.00. The little voice in my head kept saying - turn this one down. Plus the woman kept saying she had to have cash... another red flag - because I wanted to give her a money order from the bank. It turns out that the table with the good deal was a homemade one that did not collapse and the stylus was one that the quilter herself made.... HHHUUUMMM!!! I waited and just this spring I purchased a 3 year old HQ16 - in beautiful condition - only about 8 to 10 tops had been completed on this machine - it came with the 12 foot adjustable table - and several of the attachments. It was definitely worth the wait - the machine cost me $5500.00 and it was worth every penny. I love the HQ16 - I was so glad that I waited. Please be careful - money is too hard to come by these days and it would be a shame to end up with a machine that would not be what is promised in the Craigslist ad.

Good luck - and listen to the voice in your head - you know the one that makes you step back and think through the entire deal.

Sue in PA