Old 09-18-2011, 07:38 AM
Judi in Ohio

Originally Posted by fluffynan
Looks like a memory stick is my next purchase. Sorry to be dense, but could you explain exactly what to expect when downloading onto your computer. I downloaded a couple of designs from the Embroidery Library, and checked that they were PES format. When I pressed for download I got a quick "flash" and that was it. It did show on my computer, but I was not able to open the file at all. Maybe I'll have better luck with a memory stick and just dowloading it straight to that. Will let you know how I get on. Sorry to bombard you with all these questions, but I don't appear to have grasped the intracacies (sp) of modern computing - never mind, as someone, not sure who, said, " we should learn something new everyday".
Sue
You can't see the designs on your computer because you don't have the software to open it. Brother has it's software called PEDesign and uses pes format. There is a generic software called Embird that I would highly recommend. You can even get a trial period with it. It allows you to edit designs, adding & taking away portions. It will open up your designs on your computer. You can also use it to transfer designs to your stick, from the computer.
Lots of info to take in.
Judi