View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 08:22 AM
pattis47

Kelly,
I was talking to another quilter at my local quilt shop and she suggested rather than waiting until I get all 10,000 squares and sat to sew them at one time, I design my pattern and start to sew it in sections. She said it would make working with all the little pieces easier since the pile would actually diminish as I sewed each swap group and I would see my project in different stages of completion.
I figured if I get 500 squares for each swap or 1000 if I sent 2 sets that would give me 20 rows of 25 squares per set or each section would measure 20" X 25". If we do the neutral swap I think I will use them to do the "sashing" between the "blocks" from each swap. Now to draw out the plan and see if it will work! Back to the drawing board.
Anyone else have a plan that is willing to share their idea on what to do with these little lovelies?

I am really thinking that sounds like a great idea since I wanted to do this in a "scrappy look" anyway.
Originally Posted by NCquilter
Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter
No mail today, but the swapping will begin on Monday!!!!
I can't wait to get my stamps back! This was my first 1.5" swap and I have so many ideas for a new quilt. I'll still need to participate in many more of these swaps though to get enough squares. :)