View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 08:09 AM
dunster
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
I meant to add that I "might" have a lead on a treadle. Talking to a lady at Ben Franklins today. Seems her mother has one that is just sitting and doing nothing. I told her I would be willing to buy it if she is willing to sell it. Said I'd give her a decent price depending on the condition. She said it was in great condition. Most of the people here will not mislead you when you talk to them. One of the GREAT things about living here.
Anyway....Just waiting to see the lady again so I can ask her what is going on with it. I sure hope she wants to sell! Just gotta figure out a price.......
I've found that prices are all over the place for a vintage machine. I've been watching craigslist (probably not available in Guam) and I see ads starting at over $200, eventually reappearing at $150, then $100, then $50, sometimes less. I've seen several ads for free machines! Often when someone wants to sell a vintage machine it's because they don't have the space for it, or it belonged to a family member and they want it to be cared for. You might look at Ebay prices to see what comparable machines have actually sold for, but prices there tend to be higher than garage sales. Good luck in getting your treadle.