View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 09:12 AM
Havplenty

Originally Posted by pattis47
...I design my pattern and start to sew it in sections. If we do the neutral swap I think I will use them to do the "sashing" between the "blocks" from each swap. Now to draw out the plan and see if it will work! Back to the drawing board.
Anyone else have a plan that is willing to share their idea on what to do with these little lovelies?

patti i had already come to the conclusion to start sewing on my squares now. i was looking through my fabs and found a charm pack of neutrals.. who knew plus i ordered a moda charm of vanilla colored neutrals. the squares i had received so far had few of neutrals in them.

with 10,000 squares, were you planning on no repeats? i wonder what your "planned" scrappy ps quilt will look like. never thought of using neutrals for sashing. i have plenty of white muslin to do sashing with.

i was also settling my mind that i could have repeats. my quilt, my rules. i will be ordering some hawaiian prints from ebay for my quilt also. maybe i will have some to trade in the next swap. also with the side swaps, i ending up trading with 14 people, some of whom never participate in the stamp swaps so that has given me some different fabs.

as soon as i finish sorting stamp squares, i will work my psq into my regular routine. i have so many other family/friends quilts to complete first. so will sew squares in between probably as leaders/enders or upon taking breaks.