Old 09-18-2011, 09:17 AM
clsurz

Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
Since I handle the finances in the family now, he knows that I will only buy something if we have the extra money.

LOL, on the occasions we have to buy large item purchases, the sales person will turn to him for decisions...he just says, talk to her, she knows what she wants.
I handle all finances as well. We wouldn't have anything today if I didn't. Hubby also knows I won't buy something if we did not have the money. I also would never buy something that I could not afford and not pay what few bills we have such as house payment, light bill, water bill and such.

It use to irk me to no end regarding sales people when hubby was with me and I'd go in to make a purchase and tell them what I wanted and they look at him and ask him how they could help him and ignore me like I wasn't there.

I remember the last time someone pulled that on me was in 2006 when hubby and I went to a Toyota place for me to buy me a vehicle. One sales guy approached us and looked at hubby and asked how he could help him and ignored the fact that I just told him the vehicle I wanted. I told him again and he ignored me again so I told him we did not need his help. We walked away from him went inside and I asked for the manager of the place. He came out of his office and I told him I'd like to buy a vehicle and what I wanted and that a salesperson had approached us but totally ignored my request as if I was not standing there and directed himself to my husband and that I was the one wanting to buy and not hubby and could he direct me to someone who would want a sale from a woman.

He immediately told me he'd take care of me and he did. I bought the vehicle in my name and on my credit and with the cash in my pockets. Unfortunately that sales person who kept ingoring me lost a sales commission that day and I left with a brand new Toyota RAV 4 Limited Edition.

I have no clue as to what the manager did or not do with that sales person and I didn't care. I had several thousand dollars in my pocket and I wanted to buy a vehicle and in the end that is what I got.

I truly detest men that still in todays age act like we women don't exist.