Old 09-18-2011, 11:09 AM
Rose L

These whine on Walmart threads really irk me as nearly 11,000 readers on this board already know. The Nebraska stores are not only being restocked with fabrics but they are adding large sections for crafts, yarns and other products similar to what Hobby Lobby and JoAnn's carry. Yippee!!

I wish that some of you would stop to realize that Walmart is not a professional quilt shop and that the fabrics they carry are for ALL SEWERS, not just quilters. Many cotton fabrics are intended for children's clothing, making shirts and blouses etc. Why on earth would anyone feel that Walmart fabrics are inappropriate for quilt making when it is likely that some of those fabrics were never intended to be used for that purpose?

Fabrics are coming back to Walmart. I believe that the big push was to start in September from what I have read. It's just now the middle of September. Give 'em a break eh?! All this complaining is going to make them believe that they'll never be able to make quilters happy and I hope that isn't the truth. Anyway...just how many Walmarts are there in this country?? I know the big city closest to me has a least six super stores and they are building another one there. 2000 stores is probably a drop in the bucket to how many there are across the country, it's going to take some time.