View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 09:49 AM
Debra Mc

I have 4 sewing machines. 2 Kenmores & 2 Babylocks. My 1st Kenmore I got about 1970 & it was barely used. Sewed a million miles on it & it still sews great just didn't have a free arm & you had to use a buttonhole attachment with it. Got the freearm Kenmore, built in buttonhole about 20 years ago. Still sews good, mainly use now to sew denium. Got the babylock Quilter's Choice Pro. Love it, couldn't ask for better machine just doesn't do zigzag. Now the queenbee of the bunch is my Babylock Ellure Plus. I got the embroidery thing down but the decorative stitches have given me the blues. Makes beautiful buttonholes. Just put button on the presser foot & it makes it the right size. Decide what you really want to do with it. Do you really need all those decorative stitches or what. I would defintely try some out first. Also note if you buy a sewing machine from Walmart or other discount store, the embroidery machines only do a 4 x4 frame. Not much room for anything. If you want one with more size save it for it because mine only does up to a 5 x7 & I wish I would have saved up more money & bought the next one up.