View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 11:37 AM
scowlkat

Posted a pic of a gift I made for a friend - with my brother's help - and thought I would share my friend's reaction to it with you!

This is the original post:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-139702-1.htm

When I gave it to her, she said thank you and placed it on her counter. I visited her this past week and noticed it was not on the counter but didn't see it. We are very close (we call ourselves "fristers") so I asked what she had done with it and if she liked it. She did not! Well she liked the concept but didn't like the black color of the frame or the fabric I used for the background!

What surprised me the most was not her comment, but my reaction. With most people, my feelings would have been hurt I think but with her, I just said, well it's yours, do with it what you will!

I am writing not to garner any pity but to give voice to how much I appreciate having this kind of friendship! We constantly agree to disagree on many subjects and I guess that is why we can be so open and honest.

My prayer is that each and every one of you have such a relationship in your life with someone! It is one of the most uplifting gifts you can receive and give.