View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 01:16 PM
valleyquiltermo

Originally Posted by Debbie B
I like to make purses and know that the Pellion is not cheap & never goes on sale....I consider myself lucky to find it a coupon to use for it. I've given some away as gifts and have sold a few. By the time I buy the materials (I don't even really count my time) I don't make a lot of money. I do have some that I will be trying to sell at a church festival in a few weeks along with some small quilts & quilted table/bed runners. I went to a large craft festival the other day & purses were everywhere for $12 to $20, but when I looked inside they were ALL made in China. I saw some really pretty quilts there, too. And guess what...made in China. My Mom told me that I'd probably never sell the purses that I've made, because people will think they're over priced. Makes me sick! It will be my first festival and at least at this festival they want homemade things and say that 95% of your things should be homemade. But, I'm worried that I've put in money & my time & I'll be a flop! As you say "lesson learned".
Don't worry about what you don't sell. They will make Great gifts for Christmas, birthdays and such.
I carry a china sweat shop quilt that has been washed 3 times, mind you I got it at a yard sale not at wal-mart, because I don't support sweat shop work. This I use as a demonstration of what made in china sweat shops get you.
Our homemade products last and last.