View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 01:24 PM
valleyquiltermo

Originally Posted by familyfun
Ok.. I made a purse for myself and took it to work. They went nuts over it. I work in a Very small dept. Only 6 people. One of the girls ask me to make her one. She has 2 kids with another on the way and her husband is having trouble finding another job after getting laid off. So I said. Yes I will make you one and you can just pay for the Pellon. I used scaps I probably would not have used in another project so when it was finished she loved it. I told her $10 dollars. Well did I get the money NO..
My Boss (who I absolutley LOVE) ask me to make her one. She said. I will pay you for your time. She then bought all the supplies (including thread) I made it. she carries it. has gotten compliments on it. But never paid me either..
So Lesson learned .. I will NOT be making anymore purses for people unless I get at least 1/2 the money up front.
I'm in the 1/2 down group and payment on pick up.
I have a quilt a man gave me to redo for him, he said his
g-ma made it for him. She had painted the blocks, all indian pics, he loved it to death. The sashings and backing and batting in bad shape, but her painted blocks in good shape. Got my 1/2 down and showed him the quilt when he came out to get it, but he only 1/2 the last payment and I still have the quilt. Its been 7 years and he has yet to come and pay the rest. His loss. I have 3/4s the money and the quilt.