Old 09-18-2011, 06:43 PM
Jennifer22206

Originally Posted by Rn8or
Jennifer22206 wrote no... I'm not too excited for this one.
One Large Group of fabrics cut, letter written and in envelopes - just waiting on addresses!!

Question...what should be on the letter? I'm a newbie :)
For example - using the
In my letter I just said, "I'm Jennifer, this is my 3rd Boom. For this fabric I'm planning on making a quilt for ____ (I'm going to be in 2 groups and sending 3 different fabrics, Elmo, white and Coffee cups so it depends on which group)."

So.. if you receive the Elmo fabric, my DD wants a "bright, happy quilt" so anything goes. The Coffee fabric has a TON of colors in it - so I don't think anyone will be hard pressed to find something that matches. The White one will be going into a Spring/Summer quilt, and I'm asking that only one predominant color (or shade, or pattern) be added to it - either blue, red, orange, yellow, purple, green. It depends on which letter ya'll get. There are 6 of the red,orange,yellow, purple, green and 5 blues going out. I'm making the last blue. There will be my 36 blocks total.

You don't have to send a letter. Typically if you don't send a letter the recipients of the F8th have carte blanche to do whatever they want with it.

Example: In Boom 5 I sent the floral fabric with no note other than Have Fun! and no batik

And for the other group, I sent either the lobster print (my Daddy was a lobsterman) or the ships wheel and requested that the colors found in the fabric or white be added, and requested that no batik be used.

These are what I've received: http://s931.photobucket.com/albums/a...05%20Received/

For me the baggie is just a regular sandwich baggie. My advice is to try to get them as flat as possible! :) You can use cling wrap too - but my DD thought it would be funny to put cling wrap over her face, so I go with the baggie method. Safer all around. :) Especially since my DD loves to "help"