View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 05:29 PM
butterflywing

Originally Posted by Pinkrose4664
Thank you Butterfly. Bad news is I am sure the person who gave me the squares did not wash the fabric before cutting it. So I guess I will sew it all together then wash it and see what happens. I don't have any liguid fabric softern, only dryer sheets. But that won't make it as soft right? I will have to buy some.

My Friend's Son is 55 years old. I was leaning towards the flannel, but wasn't sure if it was a good thing. My DH suggested fleece, but i don't know that that would work. Has anyone used fleece for backing? We live in So. CA so this thing may turn out to be too warm.

Thanks for the help
Anna
in that case, i would use softener and get it as soft as possible. then stitch the pieces together and make the seam allowances on the reverse side part of the design. either topstitch them or blanket stitch them or crazy stitch them to hold them down. in effect, the reverse side becomes more interesting and becomes the right side. no backing required.

a lot of people here have used fleece for backing, but i think that with the wool it would be way too warm for your climate.