Old 09-19-2011, 05:58 AM
BuzzinBumble

Originally Posted by Quilted Dogs
Just saw someone that made these on the board tonight and added a stem, they are so nice. Just wanted to share with you I thought of making a bigger one and zooming the pattern up bigger and storing the four in it on my antiques trunk when not using them. Just leave the bottom open and turn under and put the four in it, what u think.......Just love your idea.....nice for gifts at work. I like to do the seasons with a surprise for all at work and this is perfect, thanks for sharing.
Hey Shar! That is a great idea to make a matching leaf bag to hold all the leaf mug rugs! The pattern blows up bigger quite well. Although you need to be careful to follow the shape evenly, because it is easier with a blown up version to have the leaf lobes come out unbalanced. I found this out when I made a hot pad. I did a hot pad with 2 layers of fleece and it came out very well after I ripped out and redid the wonky leaf lobe. ;)
You really spoil your coworkers and I bet they look forward to whatever you come up with for each season. You all must be a very friendly group at work. That is quite a wonderful thing to have!

Yes, I did see Patchgirl's topic about her Leaf Mug Rug with Stem. I was going to answer there when you asked her “Where can I get the pattern…?” but then I saw that you found this topic and therefore the pattern. I still hope she answers on her topic though. :?
The addition of a stem is nice. I had experimented with that too. But I ended up choosing to post the stemless version, probably because I was working from a real maple leaf and didn't feel I could make the stem thin enough. But, stemless or stemmed, they both are neat. For anyone who would like to see how Patchgirl added a stem, check this topic: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-153746-1.htm