Old 09-19-2011, 06:18 AM
Beachbound

Originally Posted by mpeters1200
I'm making a small log cabin table runner I saw in a quilt magazine for all the women in my small group. The same pattern, but different colors. Then, there is a small piece of the same gold fabric that's in every one to keep them together.

I'm searching for a website I used to have the boys make coasters for their teachers last year. You make them out of 5 squares and there is a piece of wonder under or something in it too. Instead of sewing it in a 4 patch, you fold the pieces and stitch all around the end, then you flip it right side out and you end up with a beautiful four patch and it's a coaster. I know I found the website through QB, but no idea what they were called to try and search for them.

You girls have any ideas about search words so I can try to find them? They were super easy to do. I helped my boys make them last year. I traced lines and let them cut out the squares. They folded them and set them all up, then I stitched around the edges, they did the rest...all out of cute Christmas fabric. Made a set of four for each of their teachers.

No quilts this year, probably next year.
Search under Criss Cross coasters here, I made them all of the time & love them.