Old 09-19-2011, 08:34 AM
deplaylady

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by jljack
I sent them an e-mail on Friday, they answered me last night with some vague answer and saying to visit the page where you can put in the serial number & get a certificate, or e-mail or call customer service.

I answered them back telling them that was not a good answer, and we need access to the lists of dates/models for us collectors when we are out shopping at flea markets and/or antique shops and/or yard sales. I told them they are not providing good customer sevice for their loyal owners.
Maybe Singer thinks buying vintage machines from yard sales and flea markets isn't being a loyal customer- owner, yes; customer, no.

For some reason, I believe they would rather see us buy the crappy plastic machines over the durable vintage ladies and gents.

I wish Singer would change that page because I really don't need a pretty piece of paper, a certificate from 2011, to tell me that I'm the new steward...now maybe down the road the next steward would like that paper for record. For now, I would rather have the deleted information: manufacture site, model, how many made,etc.

Hopefully, Singer is updating files and will have a better formatted page for us to use.
Hopefully the next step for them will not be charging for that pretty piece of paper telling you you are the new steward!