Old 09-19-2011, 09:29 AM
moonwork42029

Originally Posted by Havplenty
moonwork where was it posted to not post blocks you made on the boom link? when i went through and looked at earlier boom swaps, others had posted blocks they made on the boom link. i certainly have not seen anything noted about not posted block made pics in the boom link.

while there are some who did set up separate links, i know i don't want to try to maintain another link of pics. my own personal preference.

Originally Posted by moonwork42029
Generally it was accepted to NOT post pictures of the blocks you made on the Boom link but you could make your own link to show off the blocks you had made (see at the bottom of my posting for example).
Hav --
BTW -- love the striped kitty

It was a discussion that came up on the Boom 5 East link in May.

That's why I commented it was "generally accepted" to not post the blocks you made...reason being was the person receiving the block should get to see their block "in person" before it was posted for everyone else to see. That person could decide whether to post it on the link or not when they posted they had received it.

Some of us wanted to share the pictures of our blocks so we created an ongoing personal link that we just added to as we made other blocks....this gave people the chance to "peek" at their block before it arrived. Also some people didn't have the means to post a picture so that helped them out a little too.

I think it's up to each group to decide what they'd like to do as far as posting the pictures. Once the groups are established (April will do this after all the sign ups are completed) and the links created for each group (April will create the links also with appropriate names), that might be an early "discussion" to have... all of this is just my humble opinion :lol: