Old 09-19-2011, 09:39 AM
deplaylady

Originally Posted by Weedwoman
Originally Posted by deplaylady
Help! I bought a 603 last week and just got a chance to sew (try to sew) with it yesterday. The problem seems to be that the reel holder (black part) won't hold the reel wind (the thing that holds the bobbin) down for more than a few stitches. It also makes it almost impossible to wind a bobbin. The whole assembly jumps up after a few stitches. I think I'm missing a part - but I'm not sure what. I got it mostly because it could do a chainstitch, those parts I got on eBay, hopefully I'll still be able to do that, but it would be nice to sew, too. Is there anything I can do? I really don't trust the sewing machine shop I took my featherweight to. Here's a couple pictures - any Touch and Sew wizards out there? (Yep - I know the bobbin is wonky, but I don't think that would raise the assembly - it's really loose to begin with.)
I have a touch and sew 626 and I love that old machine altho otherson this group hate the touch and sews, each to his own. Here is a site that might help. my bobbin winding assembly is a tad different that your 603. http://www.sewusa.com/Threading_Diag...ng_diagram.htm
I followed that the other day and I can get it to wind, but I think its missing something to hold it in place --- I just can't figure it out from the parts diagram.