Thread: I have no idea
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 01:18 PM
Olivia's Grammy

Originally Posted by FroggyinTexas
Originally Posted by HomespunHandmaiden
I see a few big blogs make so many quilts using only designer fabrics and I'm wondering if they are given the fabrics in order to advertise the fabric line. Is this possible?
It's very common for fabric designers/manufactureres to provide fabrics for people to use to create examples of what can be done with their products. Whether this is the case with the quilts on the blogs is impossible to know unless the information is provided.

But after having done a good bit of research on fabrics, I am of the opinion that quilters need to stop worrying about where they buy their fabric and choose what will go with their project. Some of us are making the assumption that buying $13 + a yard fabric provides some magic potion that will ensure eternal life for the quilt.

The people who are buying fabric at yard sales and at thrift stores are always proud of their finds, yet have no idea where the fabric originated unless the designer/manufacturer is printed on the selvedge. I think some of us have minds that are absolutely compartmentalized!

I am willing to bet--although I won't be around to collect--that my quilts made with Wal Mart fabric and your quilt made with a garage sale find, will be around in 30 years just like the quilt made with fabric purchased at an LQS. froggyintexas
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: