Old 09-19-2011, 02:44 PM
melinda1962

Originally Posted by Charlee
I am so stinkin' excited about the Davis...it'll come home with me tomorrow morning! :) I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to find needles for it...I *think* it's a VF-1, but not positive. The machine belonged to the woman's mother, and the woman I'm getting it from is 82 years old. She can remember "Sitting at mother's side as she sewed my clothes, and I so hated them! They were always too big, so I could grow into them."
I can't wait to talk to her more tomorrow...such a fun thing to buy a machine with HISTORY behind it! :)

Second good thing to happen today? I got another Picot Hemstitcher in the mail today. (snuck in a low bid on ebay and WON! :) ) It should fit my 99, so now have to get the 99 up and running! :lol:
Congrats on the Davis and hemstitcher. Sounds lilke a great story behind the machine. My mom would make our clothes to fit right when she made them, and I was lucky because I had a big sister, so when I outgrew mine, I had hers to grow into. My mom had one sister who had four daughters, and did not sew, so my mom got to make 6 corduroy jumpers at a time sometimes.