View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 05:12 PM
yerbi

[quote=craftiladi]
Originally Posted by sguillot
I don't think the VIP Cards are limited, I got one by a quilt magazine subscription. It was an added bonus for a magazine .......................

Yes that's exactly how I received my invitation but I also belong to a guild but I was always under the impression you couldn't use both the VIP card and a coupon and after reading many of the replies here I am concluding that it a individual store decision. And I still haven't decided whether its worth it or not...I go long stretches w/o shopping at Joanns.
My sister is a manager at a JoAnns and it is not a store by store decision, you are correct in the assumption that the 10% VIP card cannot be used in conjunction with another coupon, although it can be utilized with any other sale items. The checkout person may scan that VIP card, and it may sound like it is going through, but look carefully at your receipt, it will state that the VIP discount card was not applied if there are no available items. I hope this clears up the confusion that everyone has. The only way that a store could override this is to change the percentage off on a 40% off coupon to 50% off. Again, check your receipts, I would guess that this is not happening.
Loretta