View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 05:54 PM
Jennalyn

I've never looked at a fabric line and felt inspired before. Fabric, yes! Line, no. Until now...

I'm a big fan of the movie Coraline. As soon as I saw the "Buttons and Blooms" line that just came out from Red Rooster fabrics, I fell in absolute love with the soft, muted, whimsical feel of the fabrics. It feels very much like it's channeling a lighter side of the movie!

Here's information on the line and its fabrics:

http://www.redroosterfabrics.com/con...s.php/id/8869#

I don't like the pattern that comes with the fabrics at all. It doesn't have the feel I would want. Then again, I'm not sure what feel I do want. I'm more focused on the supporting fabrics than on the actual panel.

I'm a beginning quilter. I don't know techniques like applique, paper piecing, etc. At the same time, I'm up for a challenge - I've worked with over 600 half square triangles and that queen-sized monster is well on its way to being complete.

What sort of patterns do you think I should consider for this fabric? The buttons, the birds, the flowers, the muted colors and beautiful neutrals... since I wouldn't be working with the panel itself (most likely), I wouldn't have large-scale print to preserve, but I wouldn't want everything to be lost either.

I guess I'm just fishing for ideas from the collective minds and experience on this board. :) If you had fallen in love with this fabric, what would you consider?