Old 09-19-2011, 05:58 PM
suebee

FANTASTIC job Cole!!! Dont be too hard on yourself, it really looks darn good. Listen to Mom and you'll be a pro in no time flat! CONGRATS.

Originally Posted by charismah
As some of you already know...two of my boys are starting their own LAQ business. Carl is 14 ( almost) and Cole is 13.
I am so proud of them.

Cole did this practice piece...he is trying to get his all over stipple consistent..this is his large stipple. He was upset with some of his "mistakes" but I think for his first time..he did really well...and he is going to pin on a second piece to get his smaller stipple down....and weave in and out of blocks and around appliques.

Cole is very detailed oriented. But on top of that he is very excited to EARN his own way and not be handed anything...which even makes me more proud than the way he quilts.

Some of you may recognize some of these blocks..as they were part of a block swap last year ...down on the farm theme swap..I have used them in several different quilts...Thanks so much!

Cole quilted this on an 18 INNOVA and we used hobbs poly down batting (scraps actually)

Thanks for looking.
:thumbup: