View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 06:17 AM
Lacey

He's in his 40's and he lives at a group home that my mom recently started working at. They do adult training in the afternoon, kinda like school for them, and then my mom is there the rest of the day to help take care of them. They do some really fun things with them though. EAch person gets to choose what they want to do each week for an outing. Ricky loves to swim so he's always reaching for his coral (which means it's time to swim) Mom says he's such a sweet soul even though it's difficult to communicate with him... It just breaks my heart to know that he can't experience something that we all take for granted every day... But, mom says that he's done amazingly well for himself considering the circumstances. I sent in some glow sticks for him last week. He had the flu and was feeling pretty down, but the glow sticks perked him right up... Anyway, big 4th of july weekend coming up. Everyone have a great time and be careful. I'll be scouting for fabrics this weekend and trying to put my quilt design on paper. I'll be in touch next week. THANKS!