Old 09-20-2011, 02:07 AM
patricej
Administrator

"Sentimental Valentine": This is hand-pieced and hand-quilted; finished size 30" X 36".

I saw a small (2"X 4") advertisement for quilt patterns in the back of a Quilt Magazine (do not remember which one) that featured this design about 10 years ago; I saved the ad and filed it away for future use. Several years later, I ran across the ad again and decided I really liked the design in the ad. I called the number associated with the ad and got a 'discontinued' recording. I then wrote a letter to the address mentioned in the ad and it came back 'unforwarded'. At this point, it became a 'challenge'. I took the ad and enlarged the diagram until I could make out the block pattern and kept enlarging it until I got it to a 6" square. Then I put a pencil to it to figure out the color scheme and how much of everything I needed. I used mostly remnants to make the top, but the backing and lace were purchased specifically for the wallhanging. The only resource I have for the design is Lubisco Studios in New Jersey. The pattern and plastic templates were priced at a bargain at $6....which may expalin why they were not doing business anymore.

LEGGZ48"
Attached Thumbnails attachment-259474.jpe   attachment-259475.jpe   attachment-259476.jpe   attachment-259477.jpe   attachment-259478.jpe  

attachment-259479.jpe