View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 03:40 AM
mpspeedy

I got roped into our local Linus Project by a quilting friend who is the current chair of our county project chapter. I usually make about 20 simple quilts for them each month and help with the collection and sorting. We live in a county with only one hospital so most of our quilts go to near by hospitals in the Baltimore area. Our chapter produces about 600 quilts a month. Everything from small fleece blankets with crocheted edges for infants to teen size. We take in and distribute crocheted, knitted, fleace and of course quilted blankets. The ones I make are usually a child friendly print on the front and flannel on the back and just basically machine quilted with decorative thread and a decorative stitch. The project gives me a good excuse to purchase the wonderful childish prints available. My youngest grandchildren are 14 and I hope have several quilts I have given them over the years. I have gotten some really nice thank you notes from children since I got involved with this project.