View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 08:07 AM
nursie76

After many, many years, I decided to purchase a new sewing machine because I wanted to get back into quilting. So, I bought a Singer quilters edition. I thought I spend a lot on it $398. I was satisfied until I started really quilting and then I felt like I was wrestling the material through the machine. Then I started watching some online quilting shows and took a local class. I noticed that a few names serviced: Bernina, Janome, and a few Pfaff's. So just on a whim, I went to a Bernina dealer and test drove a few. Now they can cost as much as my last car, but I finally found the Aurora 440 QE...it was love at first touch! I got the BSR a stitch regulator that will make my learning to stipple a possibility. I go a good used one and then 3 weeks later invested in the embroidery module. I am in love. Quilting on this machine is like a hot knife through butter, effortless. And the best thing is, if I decide to upgrade to more bells and whistles I will get a trade in that is almost the same as what I paid. Test drive all you can and get the one that you like. You will do a whole lot more sewing with a machine that works like extension of you rather than a wrestling partner. Good Luck!