View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 05:16 AM
sguillot

Starching before cutting will definately help, also laying the fabric on sand paper will help to hold it.
Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess
Today I was marking seam allowances on strips for strip sets. I mark the seam allowances because I don't have a quilter foot for my machine and never got accurate seams when I marked 1/4" on my machine. I seemed to have a bit of trouble today marking them. Sorry if I don't make sense on this... I'd lay the strip down on the table, lay the ruler down, and kept having trouble getting the edge of the strip to line with the 1/4" mark on my ruler. Kept having to shift the fabric underneath the ruler to line up that edge to the mark on the ruler. Guess not a huge deal, but probably could have gotten them done quicker if I didn't need to line the edge up. Checked the width my strips and went to see if they were wonky---nothing wrong there. They are thinner strips (1 3/8" wide) and I wonder if because they're so thin they're shifting around more than...say a thicker 2 1/2" strip.

Still have more thin strips to cut out. Would using starch before cutting help with these thinner strips lay straight when I need to mark them and keep them from shifting and stretching?