Old 09-20-2011, 05:19 AM
romanojg

It's a quilt that I took a class for last year. It was great. It uses some modified patterns of Jennie Rayment (I think that's the way to spell her name and my instructor got her permission to use the patterns) to creat a QAY quilt. Each block is different and it was all done using Southern Bell muslin and the same color thread; I used Aurifil on the bobbin and Jenny Haskins rayon on the top for a decorative look. One block was made by using cut work; this was challenging because we were taught how to do it not using the cutwork needles so if you didn't sew it right it can come back out when you wash the fusibles away. There was one using roushing and one doing pleates, one was a fan, one kind of looked like CW but its done differently. If I can get my camera back from my daugthter this weekend I'll post a picture; I've had a lot of people ask me about it. I now have 4 others started except that instead of matching thread I'm using varigated threads with the creamy muslin. It really looks great.