View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 08:44 AM
wraez

I love my Janome6500 and it is also a huge technical improvement over my 38yr old Kenmore which is still a workhorse but I use my Janome unless it is in the shop getting a 'tune up'

You do get free classes when you buy a Janome and what I was impressed with was all Janome dealerships will give you free classes anytime anywhere. I bought my machine 3 years ago from one dealer and then moved last year and took it to a different shop...they were eager to let me know that they have monthly Jamome classes and that I was welcome to come whenever I would like and as often as I'd like for FREE. I am all about free, LOL. I believe that all the large brand names give free classes

Go to any sewing machine dealer (you can do an online search to find one near you, whatever brand you want to try) ...you just walk in and tell them you are looking for a new machine and need help deciding on what to get and you would like to try some out. Take your own fabric with you so that you can sit and sew....if you need directions and assistance, they are happy to help...they all want to make a sale. If they aren't giving you good customer service, go somewhere else...you don't want to buy from a dealer starts out not giving you time and assistance.

good luck and let us know what you finally decide on

warm quilt hugs, sue