View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 08:46 AM
weezie

Originally Posted by STAR
I looked up a few on-line and they are all about 25-30miles away!! we used to have a store right in town but they went out of business last year. I guess thats not so far, atleast for service but i think it would be hard for me to make it to classes and such with my schedule. but like i said im just starting to look! :D
Where I live (greater Atlanta area), 25-30 miles can be a BIG deal because of heavy traffic. My 2-bits' worth of advice on the sewing machine purchase: the more "bells & whistles" it has, the more there is to go wrong with the machine. I have several machines, from a lightweight basic to one with all the bells and whistles. The bells and whistles one weighs about a ton and has been to the shop to be serviced and/or fixed more times in the last 2 years than all of my others put together have been in the last 30 years. If I were you, I'd buy something basic, made by a company that has a solid reputation. It's really nice to have the up/down needle feature, right/left/center needle positions, and important that the feed dogs will drop. A good dealer has good used machines as well, with good prices.