Old 09-20-2011, 06:15 AM
weezie

Originally Posted by redvette54
Hmmmm, I'm going to get in trouble for this one. For me it's been the controversy over another group starting over doing the Farmers Wife Sampler. I really want to work on this quilt with a group. Still hoping it could happen.
I know nothing about the controversy of which you write, but here is the poop: I am part of a group which just finished the 111 FWS blocks. Originally we had someone who wanted to do the quilt as a group, so she put a "Who is interested?" post in the QB messages. She received many "I am" responses; she then got the o.k. from the QB moderator(s). She was willing & happy to be "in charge" and she got the ball rolling. As it turned out, her life took some turns that made it difficult or impossible to continue as our leader so someone else kindly and efficiently took over, posting the BOM info. on the board each week.

What you require, I think, is someone who is wanting/willing to be your FWS leader ... to get approval from the QB moderator(s) and to maintain FWS posts ... so you can get a startup as we did.