Old 09-20-2011, 06:29 AM
charity-crafter

Over the last few months I've discovered something I don't like about myself. I've become a real negative Nellie, and I take offense at everything and I'm super grumpy. I used to be so laid back and calm and now I've turned into this raving lunatic at times.

I've been snapping at DH and coworkers, mouthy to supervisors. When I realize what I'm saying usually after I've calmed down, I'm completely mortified and immediately apologize.

But that only goes so far, I mean I shouldn't be acting this way. I'm a grown up. I know how to act in public. And poor DH, he's confused why I'm acting this way.

I don't think it's menapause because I get my hormone levels checked every year and they are fine. The dr says I'm probably in peri-menapause. I had a hysterectomy a few years ago.

How do you control yourself when you are about ready to do or say something stupic?

Those of you going through menapause, have you noticed an increase in anger? or other not so positive emotions?

So, today I will consciously think about what comes out of my mouth. I will consider what others say and not automatically think that they are attacking me, I will take a deep breath and be calm.