View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 09:56 AM
Shorebird

Star,

My 5 cents' worth mirrors some other comments. I now have 4 Husqvarna Viking machines Iincluding serger and mega quilter and love every one of them.

I originally was going to purchase a Bernina - had the cash in my pocket (Christmas and Anniversary present from HUBBY)...Went to the local Bernina dealer, asking about machines, and every 2-3 minutes, salesperson would walk away from me to talk to someone else who just walked in and wanted to chat...After 2.5 hours of this, with very few of my questions answered, and not even able to start trying the machines out, I left that shop (SERVICE AFTER THE SALE IS AS IMPORTANT OR MORE SO THAN MACHINE BRAND OR FEATURES)....and drove to the closest Viking Dealer.......They demo'd 4 different machines (I wanted to do it all - I sew garments, do machine embroidery, heirloom sewing, quilting and home dec)......After the issue with the staff @ Bernina, I had several questions regarding help I might need after the sale......was told - just give us a call, or if more convenient, come on in - we will always be happy to help you!....

So - I bought their top of the line machine, and have never been happier.......If I run into an issue with a project at 7PM - a quick call will usually get me the answer........

They have ongoing classes (both owners and created classes) and the owner's class is NOT restricted to just one class......You can come in and sit for any of the classes as many times as you want/need.

Many of the machines have very similar features - some are very partial to a particular brand........

For my money - I wanted the most features I could get, from a dealer who would be around - was honest, and who would have varying classes to show off machine features and spark creativity. The Viking Dealer here did all of that and more..............

Good Luck!! Take your time.....go in, and go back a second time.....all shops have sample fabric to stitch on.........try every machine they have....ask questions...........and when you are comfortable with how it works and what it costs - GO FOR IT!