Old 09-20-2011, 10:46 AM
cattailsquilts

Originally Posted by clsurz
I remember once a male Marine telling me negative stuff and I in my still small voice stated "I'm more man than you'll ever be and more women than you could ever possibly handle". Of course all the male Marines laughed at what I told him and basically said "looks like she grew her a pair and took yours and ground them up".
Oh my, this sounds exactly like my sis-in-law! My brother & his wife are both retired Marines, and she is a tiny little thing that was nearly outweighed by her duffle & rifle. But man, oh man, do *NOT* cross that girl! She will put you down!

I adore my husband, because he fully supports what I do. In fact, if it weren't for his encouragement, I wouldn't have my short-arm & frame set up.

He gives me inspirations for quilts (more than I have time to make), he goes shopping with me (the only kind of browsing he seems to enjoy, somehow), he has a *fantastic* eye for color & design. In fact, when I do take him to the quilt shop, I usually end up spending 2 or 3 times as much as I had originally intended!

Plus, he's a *fabulous* cook. I guess I'm one of the lucky ladies. :) And no, I don't share ;-)