Old 09-20-2011, 10:51 AM
Selena

[quote=kiffie2413]
Originally Posted by blondeslave
"Having "name brand" sewing machine vs. a less expensive, though not necessarily inferior one.
I posted about my Brother PQ1500 machine, had a couple of replies about being somewhat embarrassed to use Brother machines....I have seen that some at my lqs, too...I'm sorry, but I don't see any problems with it.. I think we are all just trying to enjoy our hobbies, and the "brand name" of the machine shouldn't enter into it..."

My humble Kenmore and I have felt this pain too. It was a huge upgrade for me from a straight stich only machine and all I could afford. Kicked my friend's Pfaff's machine butt when we were collaborating on a rag quilt.
I'm with you there. I have never bought a new sewing machine except for the ones I bought my DDs at the Black Friday Sale at WalMart 16 years ago. They served their purpose, they sewed. I have inherited machines, been given machines and bought a couple used. The one that sews the best is a 1950-60 Kenmore my son rescued from being put in a dumpster. I have to say the small Janome I bought used sews good too. I use it fot it's portability.