Thread: Be aware
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 03:05 PM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by Willa
Just saw on Yahoo there's a new scam going around. People are getting calls from a "police officer" telling them they failed to pay for a traffic ticket and if they don't pay it now they can be put in jail among other things. Well first the calling officer is not really a police officer but when people get these calls they are taken by surprise and scared by the fact of a threat of jail so they pay this phony ticket and in the process give out personal info which is then used by these creeps. It also mentioned some were calls telling them they missed showing up for jury duty and if they didn't pay the fine they would get jail time also. Hopefully people know the real police/courts do not call but send letters. I know most would dismiss these calls but please, as has been stated before this post, be aware, check out claims, and let others know so they can also be aware of these scams. Maybe we can stop a few people from getting hurt if we tell our family and friends. Thank you all
That's where caller ID comes in handy. If I don't recognize the caller I don't answer. If it is important they will leave a message, that I can return at my own discression.