View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 04:29 PM
BuzzinBumble

Hi Everyone!

Sheila, if a topic like that already exists here on the QB, I could not find it. I often have trouble with the search function here turning up too many unrelated results unless I search one word at a time. If you find a topic with FMQ practice piece suggestions, please let me know!

What I was looking for was ideas for things that it wouldn't matter if they weren't perfect. Like your tote idea Quilting Addict - that's exactly what I mean. You still like and use it, even though it was practice. By the way, thank you for the link to Leah Day's site. She really blows me away that she is so talented and skilled while so young. Gives many of us beginners something to aspire to!

I was practicing on sandwiches too Teresa, but mine were made from junky old pillowcases and scrap batting. I got to the point where I wanted to do something and not throw it away afterward. Too interesting to throw out and not good enough for a bonafide project. Know what I mean? So I posted the question for this topic. I'm hoping you all could share what you do when you are at this stage of learning.

Yes, Olive is a cutie. She is a rescue who has been through 3 homes. For the life of us we can't figure out why. She is my daughter's dog and is about as perfect a dog as you could wish for.