View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 04:37 PM
auntpiggylpn

Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
Not really a joke though. It happens! My grandfather kept getting bill collectors and magazine subscription bill notices 6 & 9 months after he died. My sister verbally told them all that he had died, but it didn't help. Finally she asked for the address to send his change of address to & she then put his address as
"The Pearly Gate.
Heaven
c/o GOD!"
My father died as a result of nursing home negligence. The nursing home sent him by ambulance to the hospital. My father was on Medicare and Medicaid. 6 months after my fathers death, the ambulance billing agency called his brother, my uncle, trying to collect the bill. My uncle explained that my father had passed away and that the nursing home was the person to contact for payment. They collection agency then wanted to know if there was an estate. Of course they were told no because there wasn't one. The collection agency then wanted to know if there were any other living relatives that they could contact about getting this bill paid. My aunt, good ole Kentucky woman, told the people that it wasn't any of their business and that no one with our last name would be paying this bill and to not call again. They then hung up. No more collection calls! Not even sure how they got Uncles phone number as my father was in Illinois and my uncle is in Kentucky.