Old 07-02-2009, 01:37 PM
lovetoquilt

My husband is a Pastor. I join a guild every time we move to a new Church. I loved the guild I was a member of at our last church. After we moved I joined the guild here. It was not a friendly guild at all. I tried talking to ladies each meeting but they seem to ignor the newer members. It was all business and if you were not in the "click" you were not part of them. After about 6 months of going to this guild my husband asked me one day. "You aren't happy with this guild are you?" I had to tell him no. So he came up with a great idea. He told me if I wanted to go back to the guild where we came from I could. It was about 1 hour and 20 minutes away, but I loved it. I couldn't believe that he actually saw a difference in me when I came home from this guild. So once a month I go that hour and twenty minutes but it is nothing to me because I love it. There are between 20 and 30 ladies but they don't have a click and they were so happy for me to come back. Thanks for letting me vent. I also enjoy this board. I have learned a lot even though I don't get on here as much as I would like. The life of a pastor's wife is pretty busy.