Old 07-02-2009, 02:25 PM
Eddie

Originally Posted by Shemjo
Wow! It actually EXCLUDES men! What is the average age of membership? I think I would ask a member, or the president what the origin of that rule is! It may be that they are unaware, or they REALLY don't like men! That would be funny if it weren't so hard to understand! :? :?
I'm sure the majority are probably older women, as the few who I know personally that are in the guild are older age (50/60+). From the photos of their meetings that I've seen on their web site, that seems to be true as well.

I've been giving this some thought and think I'll speak with a lady in the guild who used to be president. She's still very active in it and is a super nice person. I was thinking I'd write her a letter expressing my interest and asking about this rule and whether it is actually still enforced or not. I'll defer to her good judgment as to how she thinks a man in the guild would be received. I think she'll be straight with me about it and will let me know whether it would be a good idea or not. Just because I possibly could join, doesn't mean it would be a good thing to do if I get cold shouldered at all the meetings. We're going on vacation next week, so I think I'll ponder the letter over that and take it up when I get back.