View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 08:05 PM
Gramyx7

deanneellen came to my house a few weeks ago and brought me this beautiful 102x120 quilt. Deanne had her sister with her and a friend. This quilt is a family affair quilt, everyone made a block and signed there name's to them. This quilt was a Wedding gift, 11 yr's after the fact... :) Plus she is a English major so some the fabric's are in that theme.
the only thing they asked was to be careful around the rhinestones on the belly dancer... and not to do heavy quilting on it so it will be cozy..and the cross stitch block to just go around it.
We used black thread so it is very hard to see, the quilting, and light thread in the lighter blocks..
I did a lot of SID and out lining.. feathered in the blue and black sashings.. I made clocks in all four corners but they did not show up in the pictures, I put letter's and questions marks exclamation marks.. in the green corner stones...
All of the watches are out lined, and i did a scroll feather in the border.
The backing has blocks the full length of the center... Very beautiful blocks and piecing!
Maybe when Deanne get's it she can take better picture's.

Here it is Deanne I hope you all like it as much as I loved quilting it...

Thanks for looking
Attached Thumbnails attachment-259986.jpe   attachment-259987.jpe   attachment-259988.jpe   attachment-259990.jpe   attachment-259991.jpe  

attachment-259992.jpe   attachment-259993.jpe   attachment-259994.jpe