View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 08:39 PM
lynn_z

Okay, I was finally getting to ironing seams which is a chore I do not like so I had a pretty big pile of strips and squares stacked up. I also was watching something interesting on TV when I realized I hadn't eaten all day. I had some fresh blueberries and decided to whip up some waffles. I left the iron, mixed the batter, grabbed the yellow can of Pam, sprayed the waffle iron and loaded it. Back to the ironing board. If I could get this stack ironed by the time the TV show was over, I could maybe get some quilt projects finished by bedtime. Back to the waffle iron which now has a yellow light....must be done I decided but couldn't open it. Okay, grabbed a trusty frying pan, sprayed with yellow can of Pam, thinned the batter and started a pancake. Back to the ironing. Now, to my defense, I was ironing different fabrics, even running over some polyester batting, have a cold (my nose wasn't in good form) and clearly, in a big rush for each task. Back to the pancake, it was stuck and wouldn't turn over. What the heckl? That's when my son came in, picked up the yellow can of oven cleaner and said "Is this what you used?" He may never trust my cooking again! I did get the ironing done and finished a couple of Christmas presents sewn up but ate much later.