Old 09-21-2011, 04:18 AM
KastleKitty

Originally Posted by Podunk Princess
No one has mentioned the "stash" issue. I personally don't believe you're a "bad" person because you have a large stash of fabric and quilting supplies but some try to make you feel that way.
Well, naive I must be! Funny to read this today! For the first time I somehow came across a quilting site yesterday that was promoting only using fabric in your stash and never buying new as a means to eliminate the "dreaded" stash! They looked at it as a compulsion or an "ism"! OMG, I almost fell over! LOL

Needless to say I ran as fast as I could from that site to make sure I did not catch whatever it is that they carry! I am not a woman of means by any stretch of the imagination. I am not wasteful! But I would never even consider a sewing diet free of a new piece of fabric if it was called for! LOL I need the fabric eye-candy effect when I walk into a fabric store! Others may find that satisfaction in Vegas, in a bottle of pills, walking down the beer and wine isle, or at high speeds on the highway. Mine fills my mind's eye with color and makes the imagination run wild with glee over ideas! And I don't have to ruin my health over it! In fact the opposite it true, it helps my mental skills, gives me a creative calm, and strengthens my drive to live!