View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 06:07 AM
HummerGardenCrafts

Originally Posted by EdieClay
I'm heading to Crossville, TN, this morning for my quilting class. I am making placemats for friends for Christmas. Also, am binding four quilts (three are also Christmas gifts).

HummerGardenCrafts ... please tell us about your craft house ... I'm thrilled with my craft room.
I bought the house next door to us. It came up for sale. It's above us. And we didn't want any neighbors that close. It has a basement and a second floor. It used to be the post office in this area years ago. Part was a post office and part was the house they lived in. It all looks like a house now.

I have my sewing machine in the kitchen. That's where my work area is at. I have my quilting frames in the one bedroom downstairs. The bed that is in that room is full of UFO's that have to be completed.

The diningroom and the living room are full of fabrics and things I've made. I open up when there's holidays on the weekends.

I may put my embroidery machine upstairs. And get it set up to use.

I still have tons of things to get out of boxes. I want my hubby to build me some bookshelves upstairs. So I can get all of my books, patterns and magazines up there. A good place to set and look through them.

I love the little built in porch! I set out there a lot and work on stuff by hand. Great place to put a binding on a quilt. I've got one laying there that is almost done.

The bad part is, I have a little small quilt house too! It's over top of the cellar. My hubby built that for me. It's full of my yarns and some craft supplies.

And I have a room in the house here so full of craft supplies. There's no way I'll ever use it all. I'm hopeing sooner or later I can get it all up to the big Quilt House. We will see.

But I love it up there. I can just craft away with no disturbances. And plenty of room if someone comes to sew with me.